17 May 2013

Burdastyle blouse (and skirt)

Back on the horse after my 6 month long ordeal making my wedding dress (coming soon, I promise!)
My return to dressmaking was helped by two Global Fabrics birthday vouchers AND a brand new Janome Overlocker (thanks mum!)

Blouse: Burdastyle book. Great pattern - very comfy and stylish. Only mods were to take off a couple of centimentres down the side seams (pretty standard for me though). Probably could have done with making a size smaller, but all good. It's a very nice rayon with a perfect drape from Global Fabrics. It has a lapped zipper down one side, and a drawstring waist. I used cord with wooden beads to finish off the ends. Definitely will make this again, so good for work!

Skirt: Burdastyle 06-2011-121. Made last year but never blogged (boring work clothes!) Nicely designed ruched pencil skirt made from stretch cotton and fully lined. Bit of a nightmare trying to get the hips/waist to fit properly, but I got there in the end.

4 comments:

harley said...

Hey was reminiscing over our old Design 305 blog and found your blog. I totally love your stuff. It's got me feeling all inspired. Not gonna make dresses tho... :D

Chloe said...

That skirt doesn't look boring at all! It's got some real interest with the ruching, and in combination with the top makes a really nice outfit.

Miss Jackson said...

Hey Harley! Good to hear from you. It's been so long. Thanks heaps... I kinda just blog when the mood takes me, as a record of the stuff I make :-)

Miss Jackson said...

Thanks Chloe!